508 / WCAG Compliance
Do you have the need for 508 / WCAG compliance on your projects?
What is 508 comPLIANCE?
Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) (29 USC § 794d) requires that electronic and information technology (EIT) be accessible to people with disabilities. EIT includes:
- Web and mobile sites and applications
- Hardware (computers, networks, printers, etc)
Section 508 applies to your organization if you:
- Are a government agency or administer a federal program
- Are a vendor or contractor for a government agency
- Are an educational institution that receives federal funds via the Assistive Technology Act
If you are planning to secure a government contract, being Section 508 compliant is necessary to be chosen as the preferred vendor. If you are a procurement officer, you must follow the 508 contracting requirements.
Here’s a link to the government website – for more information.